06 Jan Microsoft Teams – Automatically Detect Music
To avoid suppressing music and to allow users to enable the new high-fidelity music mode, we have built an ML-based music detector which will inform the user whenever music is present through a notification. This will give the end user the choice whether music is indeed an unwanted background noise, such as when calling into a meeting from a coffee shop, or if music is a desired signal, such as when participating in a music lesson.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 89016
- Standard: We will begin rolling this out in late January and expect to complete rollout mid-February.
- GCC: We will begin rolling this out in mid-February and expect to complete rollout late February.
- GCC-H: We will begin rolling this out in early March and expect to complete rollout early April.
- DoD: We will begin rolling this out in late March and expect to complete rollout late April.
- Roll-out: Tenant level
How this will affect your organization:
You will automatically get a notification if you are playing music. The notification will look as follows. Clicking on the High fidelity mode button will enable high fidelity music mode.
What you need to do to prepare:
You might want to notify your users about this change and update your training and documentation as appropriate.